Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello! What's your name?

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates.  We arrived in Safaga, a resort town on the Red Sea, today.  It's the first time I showered in three days.  After 500+km of cycling, this city is like paradise.  I will put up a more substantial update once we arrive in Luxor.  It's been very tough cycling - rolling hills, strong head winds, and tired legs.  I now know why Michael Phelps eats so much.  There are only three things I do all day: eat, ride and sleep.  It's a vicious cycle: I want to ride when I wake up, but I want to sleep after the ride.  It's been very cold here, about 50~70F during the day.  So, all is well so far.  We'll cross the mountains tomorrow and head to Luxor. 

7 comments:

  1. Go Sam!!! 500km - you're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I got exhausted just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the man. You are missed here at work.

    Darrin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Sam - sounds like a real challenge, but you are doing it man! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you!! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Shan...keep it up, think of you daily, post when you can@

    ReplyDelete