Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cairo

Arrived in Cairo last night!  The bike and all the luggage came too!  During the trip from the airport, I asked the driver how many people live in Cairo.  22 million, he said.  He asked me how many people live in the city where I'm from.  1 million, for three cities close by, I said.  The driver laughed and said, there are 1 million people in my house!

 
This morning, we assembled the bikes.  No major issues there.  We had a riders meeting.  It's going to be an interesting social experiment for the next four months.  I was bave enough to eat on the street on the first day, no issues there.  Egyptian people are very friendly, everyone wanted to have their picture taken - I now know how foreigners feel in China :)

 
One more day in Cairo before we head out.  It's going to take more than iron will, this might call for Titanium.  (Sorry for any spelling erros, still trying to get used to the islamic keyboard.)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats Sam..was hoping you managed to get out of RDU with the snow/ice etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safe and can blog!! Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam, glad to hear you arrived safely. Interesting about having people want to take pictures with you, I experienced that in Peru. Good luck! - Tom Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get to see DeNile?

    ReplyDelete